Monday, August 29, 2011

Anna Hazare & India against Corruption

It is quite evident that Anna Hazare's movement has motivated the common man (Aam aadmi for INC). There is no denying that the Indian public in general was irritated with the corruption and seek a corruption free society . The other day I saw a BMTC vajra bus driver fancying Gandhi topi and a tricolor on the forehead like a tilak. I am quite surprised at the breadth of the campaign. I see two obvious benefits here:


1. The INC (and hence UPA2.0) which took Indian public for granted was challenged on a large scale from the sessions of parliament to the streets of India


2.People who were insensitive to issues of national importance came out in large numbers for the first time to address the corruption. Well if the proposed Janlokpal bill will have its desired ends or not is for the time to decide, what is appreciable is the participation of people from all walks of life.


The side effects caused by the movement that I hate the most are


1. Candle light protests spread to a wider group (sic). What you get of candle light protests is something I could not comprehend! But my liberal friends tell me that I am an right wing engineer and hence could not understand the soul and spirit of protest.
2. Every weekend I have to face a heavy traffic jam because of the protests everywhere
 

No comments: